View 2012 winners!!!
WHAT: The Denver Chalk Art Festival on Larimer Square is a FREE two-day street-painting festival. More than 200 artists spend hours that weekend turning the streets of Larimer Square into a museum of chalk art. Artists, sponsors and spectators find it difficult to describe in words the splendid experience that Denver Chalk Art Festival creates.
WHEN: June 1 & 2, 2013
Saturday, June 1, 10 am to 10 pm
Sunday, June 2, 10 am to 7 pm
Awards Ceremony at 6 p.m. on Sunday
WHERE: Larimer Square, downtown Denver.
WHY: Denver Chalk Art Festival is produced by the Larimer Arts Association, a nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting arts awareness and education in Denver. Read more about the Larimer Arts Association.
- NEW THIS YEAR!
Friday Night Lights on Larimer, Friday, May 31, 6 PM – 10 PM:
- Ride your cruiser or walk to Larimer for happy hour on the Square
- Enjoy drink specials and mingle with artists as they prep for their weekend work
- Grab a cold, Blue Moon Brewing Co. specialty beer and chat with the brewer
- Go head-to-head with the Southwest Airlines Baggage Crew in a luggage-tossing contest
- Tag Larimer Square in a DIY graffiti showdown – show us your skills with a beverage in one hand and spray paint in the other
- Enter-to-win fabulous prizes and dance the night away to live music under the twinkling lights of Larimer Square
- Featured Artists: The event showcases six madonnari (professionals in this medium); all are award-winning street painters including first place finishes in the International Street Painting Competition in Grazie di Curtatone, Italy. Two of the madonnari, Stephen DeOrio and Mark Hollenbeck, are Colorado residents.
- Live Music: Live music will take place throughout the festival, and thank you to 5 Star Entertainment for programming the stage.
Click here for the band schedule.
The 2013 band schedule is set, but for entertainment consideration at future events please email Terri Fisher at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Youth Challenge: The Rocky Mountain College of Art & Design presents the festival's Youth Challenge, where a dozen talented groups of youth and students from Colorado schools and organizations will compete for cash prizes that will go to their respective school's visual arts departments.
- Water World/Adventure Golf and Raceway Kids Corner: Children and their parents can take part in this festival for a small donation and let their imaginations soar as they create their own mini masterpieces.
- Wine Pavilions: Guests can taste a variety of wines from around the world at three wine tents within the event. Wines are available by the bottle, by the glass or through our Tasting Card - $15 for 4 tastes and 1 glass of your favorite. Cheers!
- Artfully Crafted: Select from Blue Moon, Honey Moon Summer Ale, Coors and Coors Light– available for purchase at four locations around the event site.
- Beverages for the Whole Family: The wine and beer locations also have a variety of non-alcoholic products to quench even the most thirsty art-enthusiast!
- Museum of Outdoor Arts Capture the Color photo contest: The Museum of Outdoor Arts and Southwest Airlines present you the opportunity to be an artist for the weekend with the Capture the Color Photo Contest. Photos can be submitted on the Museum of Outdoor Arts Facebook page and the winning photographer receives a pair of Southwest Airlines tickets.
Our artists need sponsors!
Sponsorships start out as little as $300.
Become a sponsor
Food Vendors and Interested Exhibitors
The application process for the 2013 Festival is now closed. If you would like to be added to our database of vendors to be contacted for the 2014 Festival, please email email@example.com with your contact information and a description of your goods and services.